Darling: darling shower was a term for a dust-storm, someone who is very dear to another, someone of persons, named used mentioning Adonis, and the Irish word mavourneen means darling.
Tumult: disorderly or riotous proceeding, public disturbance, a mob, and a great disturbance of mind/ feelings.
Rapture: a fit of intense delight, a rhapsody, delight or joy, and the act or action of seizing and carrying off as prey or plunder.
Coiffed: to dress or arrange hair. The word comes from Coif which works as a man's cap that goes under a wig.
Revel: A community feast associated with a wake, disorderly enjoyment, and to take great pleasure from something.
I also found poems referenced but I am positive about two.
Shakespeare's "Sonnet 12"
from line 3-4
Yeats's "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"
lines 21-23
I think that this poem works like an inside joke rooted in research instead of hearing about it form somewhere else.
No comments:
Post a Comment